Last Updated 28th January 2021,
Personal information you disclose to us
In short: we collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us, or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal information provided by you. We collect names; email addresses; and other similar information.
Information automatically collected
In short: some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as you IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
• Log and usage data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other interactions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
• Device data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
• Location data. We collect location data such as information about your devices location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or disabling your location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the service.
In short: we process your information for purpose based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of your contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your information for the purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
In legal terms, we are generally the “data controller” under European data protection laws since we determine the means and/or purpose of the data processing we perform. However, if you are a business customer with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement for the provision of corporate services to you, then you would be the “data processor” under European data protection laws since we would be processing data on your behalf in accordance with your instructions.
We use the information we collect or receive:
• To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
• To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
• To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to use for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
• Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
In short: we will only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
• Consent: we may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose
• Legitimate interests: we may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
• Performance of a Contract: where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
• Legal obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
• Vital interests: we may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
In short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titles “How can you contact us about this notice”.
• Web and Mobile Analytics
• Google Analytics
In short: we keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlines in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your information for longer than 1 year.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business needs to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In short: we aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to 1s1 Energy via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or third party websites.
In short: we do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 16 years of age.
Our Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. 1s1 Energy does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to 1s1 Energy through the Site please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
In short: in some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) too restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https:ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
Cookies and similar technologies: most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
In short: yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
1s1 Energy Inc.
25 BEAR PAW
PORTOLA VALLEY CA 94028
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.